Low fat, Low carbohydrate Lasagna
500g Lean Beef Mince
Lampomodorr Tomato (750g)
1 table spoon Olive Oil
4 large mushrooms
2 sheets spelt pasta
3 tbs tomato paste
100ml Skim milk
1 cup parsley
385g fresh ricotta
60g low fat grated cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease a large oven-proof rectangular dish.
2. Cut pumpkin eggplant, zucchini & mushrooms in 1cm slices, place of baking trays and sprinkle with salt. Place in oven for ~20min or until slightly dehydrated but not completely soft.
3. Roughly chop the kale and steam until soft and wilted.
4. [To make the bolognese sauce] Heat 1Tbs of olive oil in a large saucepan, fry off the anchovies, onion and garlic. Add the mince and grated carrot sprinkled with ~2tsp dried italian herbs until browned.
5. Add tomato paste and mix well. Add tomato puree sauce and leave to simmer until sauce has thickened to desired consistency. Take off the heat and stir through fresh parsley and basil and season to liking.
6. [To make the white sauce] In a food processor, blend the ricotta cheese and milk and season with pepper.
7. [Build the lasagne] Start by placing the pumpkin in an even layer as the base of the oven-proof dish. Cover with a thin layer of mince sauce. Place the sheets of spelt lasagne on top and repeat with the mince sauce. Layer the zucchini, mushroom and kale then use the remaining mince to cover the vegetables. Place the eggplant down and cover with the white sauce, spreading evenly over the whole dish. Sprinkle with low fat grated cheese and bake in the oven until the top is browned and cheese melted (~50min).